This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email [email address] or write to: [postal address].
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
How we use this data
3 This document has been produced by AMW Site Services, amw-services.org.uk, a website offering technology advice for small businesses. Neither AMW Site Services, nor its employees, experts, sponsors or syndication partners are liable for any losses or damages arising from your use of this document. These individuals and organisations exclude all warranties and representations, express or implied, in respect of your use of the website and its content.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
• • Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
• • Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
• • Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
• • Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
• • To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you. P a g e | 4
4 This document has been produced by AMW Site Services, amw-services.org.uk, a website offering technology advice for small businesses. Neither AMW Site Services, nor its employees, experts, sponsors or syndication partners are liable for any losses or damages arising from your use of this document. These individuals and organisations exclude all warranties and representations, express or implied, in respect of your use of the website and its content.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
• • Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
• • Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
• • Sign in to our website and change your opt-in settings.
• • Send an email to [email address].
• • Write to us at: [postal address].
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the [domain name] domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.